Participation in CTE programs increases wages, probability & consistency of employment & leads to higher quality jobs.
Career & Technical Education (CTE)
California Department of Education
A program of study that involves a multiyear sequence of courses that integrates core academic knowledge with technical and occupational knowledge to provide students with a pathway to postsecondary education and careers.
In California, CTE is made up of 15 career pathways:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Arts, Media, & Entertainment
- Building & Construction Trades
- Business & Finance
- Education, Child Development, & Family Services
- Energy, Environment, & Utilities
- Engineering & Architecture
- Fashion & Interior Design
- Health Science & Medical Technology
- Hospitality, Tourism, & Recreation
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Manufacturing & Product Design
- Marketing, Sales, & Services
- Public Services
JOIN US in APRIL!
Merced County CTE Training & Hiring Event
- When: Friday, April 29th from 9am – 11am
- Where: Merced County Fairgrounds
- Available Positions:
- Bus Driver
- Diesel Mechanics
- Early Education
- Food Services
- Logistics & Warehousing
- Medical Assisting/Administrative
- Office Occupations
- Truck Driving
- And more….